In the Name of Allah—the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
RLCC’s Zakat Distribution
RLCC spends Zakat under the following categories only:
- Al-Fuqara’ (The poor)
- Al-Masakin (The needy)
- Al-Amilina Alayha (Administrators of Zakat)
Any other Shariah-compliant nexus.
All the Islamic scholars agree that al-Fuqara’ (the poor) and al-Masakin (the needy) are those who do not possess sufficient wealth. However, schools of thought differ on the distinguishing factor between the poor and wealthy. The Hanafi school uses ‘Nisab’ as a factor to distinguish between the poor and wealthy. Nisab is the minimum amount a Muslim must have before being obliged to donate Zakat. A person who owns less than the minimum amount of Nisab is considered poor. The Maliki, Shafi’i, and Hanbali consider sufficiency to establish the poverty line. A person who does not possess sufficient wealth to make ends meet and pay their current basic living costs for himself and his dependents is considered poor.
Those who collect and distribute Zakat are referred to as Zakat Administrators. An organization that works to supports poor and needy people, collects and distributes Zakat to them, can take a percentage of the Zakat to cover salaries of their Muslim staff.
Zakat Distribution Guidelines
Zakat will not be paid in cash. Only to be distributed in the form of medical treatments, child’s/children’s education, and food ration.
- Zakat can also be given to families looking for support during their dependents’ wedding arrangements.
- In the case of debt, Zakat will be given to the creditor with the debtor’s knowledge and understanding.
- Zakat will be distributed within one year of collection.
- Zakat donation will support the beneficiary for a maximum of 3 months till a new application is submitted.
- Applicants may reapply if their reasons are still Shariah compliant.
- Zakat will also be utilized using the ‘wakalah’ model whereby the beneficiaries nominate RLCC as a ‘wakil’ (agent) and authorize the organization to receive Zakat on behalf of beneficiaries of Raana Liaquat Public School, Vocational training Centre, RLCC Community Health Centre, Livelihoods and Outreach department, to be spent according to their needs. We ensure that any beneficiary consenting for the utilization of Zakat for their children / for themselves fulfill sharia requirements and qualify as recipients of Zakat.
Note: RLCC currently does not accept donations from overseas/international accounts. We only accept contributions from within Pakistan.